Thursday, September 3, 2009

disapointed

Because Lincoln was in the NICU for 8 days we are having major issues breastfeeding. I could not breastfeed him there since they really wanted to monitor his intake. I am devastated that this is not working out. I offer him the breast before and during each feeding, I have changed his nipple to a harder to suck breast like nipple. I even am pumping till let down then offering to him. I thank the nurses for all they did but now my son has major nipple confusion and I am scared its a lost cause and I will just be attached to a freakin pump for the next year. Uggghhh BTW I will finish the birth post sooner or later!

4 comments:

  1. megan,
    hang in there...
    He will take the the boob eventually. It's ok, no one has failed, babies are like little puppies and are easily retrained. I know it is frustrating. Is there a breast feeding coach there that can help you? Or the Leleche peoople?
    Keep pumping...keep the milk flowing. You can do this. He will figure it out...I really think he will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I cant drive yet and my husband is now working nights I wont be able to go to the lactation Consultant till next week. So here i am milking myself like a cow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes, they will come to you. I know the leleche league will often do a home visit.

    call them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd think I was abusing my child by the way he cries and cries and pushes me away.. Then i cry and cry which i am sure is not helping...this is sooo discouraging and I am soo close to just giving up...

    ReplyDelete