Monday, October 5, 2009

ugh

ok this is not getting any better. In fact its getting worse and I feel like a horrible mom. We just got over a 3 hour crying situation and I feel like I am going to either lose it or bang my head into a wall. The gripe water worked for a day or two. The mylicon drops don't do much. I am exhausted and dont know what to do to help my baby. If he is up he is crying and its not just a cry its a CRY!!!! I am taking him back to the doctors on Wednesday just to calm my own nerves. But COLIC is HELL! I cant really go anywhere becasue he will just freak out. I have about 2 hours in between each fit so I try to get rest but its almost as if he knows i have closed my eyes and thats when he starts up all over again. Nothing in the world could have prepared me for this.

3 comments:

  1. try to remember he is new to this world...every little bit of stimulation is hard to handle, every little bit of milk that has something weird in it may upset his tummy.
    I don't know if you have tried puting him on your knees while you are sitting and bounce lightly while patting his back.
    they also taught us this cool thing in nursing school:
    wrap him as tight as you can "burrito" hold him close and make a loud continuous SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound in his ear, not yelling just faily loud and continue to kind of bounce, sway and shush...
    it works amazing with colicky babies.
    there is an entire video about it.
    be extra careful with what you eat until he gets all of his little enzymes in his tummy and intestines to digest.
    you can do it...
    you are doing great...and remeber, it's ok to put him in his seat and let him cry for a bit
    I'm gonna go look for that video on shushing babies
    xo v8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i've tried that technique. I cant remember the doctor but its the 5 s's. The only problem is Lincoln hates to be swaddled. He does react to the shhhing though. Since I cut the dairy out of my diet he has been doing a lot better. Its a new journey everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like giving up BF everyday but I know its the best for him!

    ReplyDelete