I write this at 37 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and as the sooner I get to meeting my son the less I start to appreciate everyone's input. I understand that everyone probably has the best intentions on their advice or opinions. But, some are just borderline offensive. I decided early on that I wanted to breastfeed my baby. I have made every effort to educate my self via books, friends, and lactation consultants so when someone who is obviously less educated on this subject comes at me with opposition I become like a fierce lioness protecting my young. I have every intention of being a successful breastfeeding mom and really don't appreciate the negative input I receive. I wish people would just educate them selves on the benefits of breast feeding. And just because I intend to breastfeed my child doesn't mean I want to talk about it all day long or whip out my breast in the middle of the mall.
I don't understand why everyone has to put in there two cents about my birth. Just because I am choosing to use drugs to aid me in labor does not make me less of a woman or less of a mother. And like wise if you choose to go natural. You are no super hero for choosing that route so don't act as though you should receive some sort of prize. I just don't get the need to act as a better human. Bringing a child into this world is a huge personal decision to make. You can make your choices and i will make mine. Lets just respect each other for it. My mother has been a labor and delivery nurse for over 20 years and has been my most important allie in planning my birth. I make my choices both with an educated mind and with sound medical advice.
I also will be using disposable diapers. This is a choice I have made because I am not afforded the luxury to stay at home with my child after 12 weeks and wont have time to wash poopie diapers all day long. But I applaud my friends who do choose to do this. Its just not my choice and don't use it against me. I don't know why the rant I guess today I was just pushed over the edge with horrible advice and had to finally stick up for my self and say thanks but no thanks!
Hello world!
7 years ago

Amen! People can take their "advice" and criticisms and shove them up their asses!
ReplyDeleteSomething about pregnancy makes people think they can comment on your life!
ReplyDelete